About our Journey

My photo
Lee and Tami have been married for 22 years. We have two daughters the old fashion way, Savannah is our oldest daughter, she is 23. Alyx, our second daughter is 17. And we have five children via God's gift of adoption, Graci, who came home from China to join our family in 2007, is 7, and Dax, who came home from Guatemala in 2007 to join our family, is 6. Thad and Kamby joined our family in Dec. 2009 from Ethiopia. They are both 4 years old. Susi, our latest addition, came home from China(Aug. 2011) is 6 years old.Now we are on our way back to China to bring home our precious 3 year old son, JJ.

Monday, January 17, 2011

First Haircuts

Pretty Girl!
Kamby's new hairdo!

I could only get 'after' pictures of Thad because he was sitting on my lap during the hair cut and I forgot the camera.


Handsome boy!
Kamby, after her haircut was done and her hair was styled into little ringlets.
Just starting her trim and not too sure about it.

Kamby and Graci waiting patiently for their hair cuts.

Well, I finally did it, I got Thad and Kamby's haircut. This was quite an accomplishment because I emotionally wrestled with it for a very long time. I didn't mind getting Kamby's hair cut because she has so much of it and it is wild! But, I really did not want to cut Thad's beautiful, soft curls. Everything about that little boy melts my heart with his gorgeous smile, cute dimples and his precious curls. The time came and it was necessary since he was bordering being called a girl more often than a boy. I was very nervous on how Kamby would respond to getting her hair cut and I didn't quite know what to do with it. So she got to go to a salon and have her hair done by a lady who has the same curly hair as Kamby. Thanks Maritza you did a great job! Kamby just had a little trimmed and mommy learned a little trick on styling Kamby's wild hair. My little girl was quite the wiggle worm but overall she enjoyed getting her hair cut and styled. Thad did great! He was calm and just stared through the whole thing. I did not think it was possible for him to be more handsome but he sure was after his hair cut. Although, it does make him look older (which I don't care for - ha-ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment