About our Journey

My photo
Lee and Tami have been married for 22 years. We have two daughters the old fashion way, Savannah is our oldest daughter, she is 23. Alyx, our second daughter is 17. And we have five children via God's gift of adoption, Graci, who came home from China to join our family in 2007, is 7, and Dax, who came home from Guatemala in 2007 to join our family, is 6. Thad and Kamby joined our family in Dec. 2009 from Ethiopia. They are both 4 years old. Susi, our latest addition, came home from China(Aug. 2011) is 6 years old.Now we are on our way back to China to bring home our precious 3 year old son, JJ.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Eye Into China

Susi with Sara, one of the volunteers at Shepherd's Field Children's Village, in Beijing.

Susi, enjoying the attention from Sarah who was in China picking up their daughter, Emma.


We feel so blessed as if we are seeing into Susi's life right now. A family who is using the same agency we are using was in China this past weekend picking up their daughter. Their daughter was in the same orphanage as Susi. They visited the orphanage and was able to love on Susi and as if that were not enough they took video and pictures for us. We got to see them the very next day. This is amazing to us! Through all our adoptions we have never seen our kids in real time and we never got a personal report on them as it was happening. God just bridged a huge gap, we felt like we were so close to her. My heart ached more than it has since we started this process. I wanted to be there playing ball with her. I wanted to be the one snuggling her. But I am grateful for the glimpse I got and I pray for my precious girl as I wait with a longing heart!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to see extra pictures!!! She is such a cutie pie! I'm so excited for you all.

    ReplyDelete